Ambassadors/ Outreach Committee
Mission Statement: “Ambassadorship provides an opportunity in which our ambassador members can succeed through personal and business development.”
To act as the official greeters of the Chamber of Commerce on behalf of the membership by supporting members with events like ribbon cuttings, grand openings, and Business After Hours events. In addition to serving as the “face of the chamber,” ambassadors assist with monthly membership meetings, fundraising events and programs that build retention and new membership.
Committee Make up:
The Chairman of the Board will appoint an Ambassador Committee Chairperson in the last quarter of each year. The Chairperson of the Ambassadors Committee is invited to serve in an advisory capacity at all regularly scheduled Board of Directors meetings. The Chairperson may choose a Vice–chair if needed. The Ambassador Committee Chairperson may seek ad-hoc sub-committee chairs to coordinate various activities. These sub-committee chairs will serve as members of the Ambassador Committee. Members-at-large are welcome to attend regular meetings of the Ambassador Committee and its sub-committees.
Scope of Work:
- Meet regularly to plan attendance and support of member activities.
- Make reports and recommendations to the Chamber Board of Directors.
- In order to establish continuity, minutes will be taken at Ambassador Committee meetings, distributed to committee members and to the Chamber membership if requested.
- Recognize 1-3 businesses each month with a business appreciation certificate.
- Take the lead on special events and fundraisers that already exist and propose new ideas that will benefit the Ambassadors and the Chamber in general.
Benefits of Being an Ambassador:
- Provide an opportunity for one-on-one interaction between members and build strong business relationships.
- Build both business and personal name recognition.
- Learn from other business people ways of promoting business.
Board Chair - Val Wilcox
“Our group visited 26 businesses in Post Falls, Coeur d’ Alene and Hayden in order to recognize successful businesses in our community. The main goal is to create more Chamber value to the businesses, and more participation value to the Ambassadors. We’re doing a better job of showing businesses that the Chamber does have them on its radar, and it is willing to help promote their business. The visits give us a chance to talk to the businesses about the Connect4Lunch vendor tables, newsletter advertising, and other events that they might have coming up that the Chamber can promote.”
For more information please contact Val Wilcox at Val@postfallschamber.com.
Our Committee:Kylee Mein (Co-Chair) - Global Credit UnionDan Blanchard - Trebon Financial StrategiesMark Botterbusch - Washington Trust BankVicki Busby - Umpqua BankJeannette Conroy - Post Falls ChamberKarla Cook - ProPrintKelly Gwinn-Duby - Red Lion Templin’s on the RiverDarlene Kacalek - Treaty Rock RealtyAndrea Marich - Horizon Credit UnionChris Pappas - Post Falls Senior CenterKristin Ristic - Guardian Angels Homes/Post Falls Women in BusinessAlison Roberts - Windermere RealtyJoshua Urbick - Global Credit UnionKay Viebrock - Mt. West BankValerie Wilcox - Post Falls ChamberAaron Bradley - Aaron Bradley Farmers Insurance
Business Appreciation photos
For more information on visiting Post Falls visit www.visitpostfalls.org