Warehouse Department Supervisor
Company Overview: From its EIGHT distribution centers and three export consolidation facilities located across the country, Orgill, Inc. distributes hardware and home improvement products to hardware, home improvement, and building materials retailers across the United States and in more than 60 countries throughout the world.
We're looking for positive, energetic, and upbeat people to join our team. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment Orgill may be right for you!
As a growing company, we are looking for new team members to help us continue in our success. Currently, we are seeking a Warehouse Department Supervisor whose purpose is to directly supervise and coordinate the activities of material handlers by enforcing high standards of production and quality and monitoring all facets of departmental activity and performance. This position may supervise 10-25 employees, depending on assignment.
- Oversee the efficient completion of orders of all outbound or inbound items timely and accurately to their respective destinations - internal and external.
- Foster an atmosphere of good customer service throughout the department.
- Achieve production schedule requirements while operating within established budgetary requirements
- Ensure that all material moves are documented properly
- Hold regular team meetings covering safety, quality, and reliability issues
- Analyze production schedules thoroughly to prioritize tasks and reassign resources as needed
- Ensure that quality control checks are carried out according to schedule
- Ensure the highest standards of safety and housekeeping in compliance with company policies
- Lead by example
- Establish and communicate effective individuals goals and measures
- Foster high-performance teams by creating work environments in which employees can motivate themselves
- Strive to provide a healthy work-life balance for team members
- Identify and solve problems which hinder peak performance
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED; higher education preferred
- Experience supervising in a warehouse-type environment with a history of increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to motivate employees and bring out the best work in people
- Intermediate computer skills with a concentration in Excel data management
- Strong understanding of supply chain or MRP and pull systems desired
- Willing to work long hours and be on call as needed
- Ability to meet all physical assessment requirements
In addition to competitive wages and incentives, Orgill, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package that offers valuable benefit options at reasonable costs and provides affordable coverage to our employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical & Prescription
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Additional Life, Accident, and Cancer Coverage
- Vacation Benefits
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Free Urgent Care Services *
Orgill is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
For more information on visiting Post Falls visit www.visitpostfalls.org